This coming edition of Run United Philippine Marathon 2013 will make marathoners out of a handful of my running friends and family at the Fabulous Running Divas group. I am positive in stating that indeed they chose the right race to experience such baptism of fire.
They will be treated like royalty, like rock stars!
Here are the reasons why:
- The logistical and transportation support including baggage handling and parking availability are spot on making the runners at ease and hassle free upon arrival at BGC where they will start their 42K journey till they reach the finish line at the SM MOA area and back again to BGC if they so desire.
- Technical support including hydration and medical support is at par with the best international races with hydration tables every 1.5 to 2 kilometers. Medical personnel are also present at every hydration station and at strategic points along the route. These make the race not only safe but friendly to first time marathoners.
- RUPM 42K runners will also be among the first to try and taste Active Health’s latest offering in its Sports Nutrition Line – the Active Health Sports Gel, which will be launched at Run United Philippine Marathon, on top of Gatorade, ION Energy Drink, water, sponges and bananas which will be served as well.
- The Red Carpet ambience will be replicated as well and more! The finish line will be located right smack inside the Active Health Village in front of the stage where various prominent local bands will be playing live and audience, including friends and love ones, will welcome each finisher in a ticker tape raising finish. A battalion of photographers will be on hand to capture this special moment. A short tunnel will be carved below the stage where runners will pass from the backstage area and exit right in front of the stage for a dramatic entrance and a memorable finish.
- At the back stage area before the red carpet finish line, a grooming area will be set to ensure that each runners will be picture perfect and fresh looking before facing the audience and the cameras. An ice-cold Enervon HP drink will be provided to replenish lost nutrients and provide some energy boost for after race activities with family and friends.
- The royalty treatment will not end with the reaching of the finish line. Not with Run United. After all the picture-taking and finish-line moments, runners can start their rest and recovery routines by attending a post-race talk and stretching at the Enervon Activ Marathoners’ Lounge where they will get limited edition RUPM commemorative slippers. The University of Santo Tomas College of Rehabilitation Sciences will provide physical therapy and stretching services inside the Active Health Village.
Even the Companion of Runners will not be Taken Forgranted!
RUPM participants and their companions can avail of activities, games, free product samples in various sponsors’ booths at the Unilab Active Health Village. Alaxan FR PBA Legends will also be around for photo-ops. Entertainment will be provided by True Faith and Evedancel of Sugarfree.
“Mamaw” Runners will not be Left Behind Either!
It is common knowledge that Run United series of races are the best local races there is. Therefore, it is not uncommon for runners who are leveling up to choose them over other races when they are tackling a distance they had not yet run. They believe they will be pampered and be secured from any accidents or harm in all Run United races.
What we are in for a treat this time around and with all succeeding Run United editions is that Run Rio stamp of excellence and service to the runners not ending with each runner reaching the finish line but until each one is recovered and relaxed. Indeed, this is more than anyone can ask for – a treatment fit for a rock star!